My blog has been receiving tons of traffic lately (which I’m still blown away by), so here’s a little “25 things about me!” thing. enjoy!
1. I hate getting my picture taken. I think I look goofy in most pictures. Just trust me when I say I’m much better looking in real life.
2. I’ve had psoriasis all my life. I tend not to get worked up by that fact, except when I’m really itchy.
3. I have developed a warped sense of humor, thanks to life and stress. It’s how I deal with things.
4. I hate mayonnaise. So I moved to a country that puts it on everything.
5. I love glitter nail polish. Love it.
6. I met my husband on the stage of our college’s theatre. It explains our life and children.
7. I’ve been married 16 years. I’ve been watching Blue’s Clues for 15 of those years.
8. I was born in the backseat of my grandfather’s Mercedes. It’s one of my favorite things about me.
9. I once danced on stage with the band Train.
10. My oldest had inherited my penchant for sarcasm. And I’m proud of that.
11. I suck at all sports. Badly. 3 1/2 years of P.E. in high school nearly did me in.
12. Four years of French never stuck. But I have a freakish memory for inane details, like the outfit I wore when I met my husband. Or conversations with friends from 20 years ago. And phone numbers from my childhood. Basically, as long as the memory isn’t in French, I’m good.
13. I love Gene Kelly.
14. My youngest and I love the band Great Big Sea – to the point I’ve taken her to three of their concerts. Yes, they are that good live.
15. In everyday living, I deal with adhd, Asperger’s, epilepsy, developmental delays, cognitive impairments, apraxia, anxiety, sensory issues, and probably other things that I’m forgetting.
16. As a child, I couldn’t pronounce s, sh, ch, j, g, z, and r. As an adult, I impress the hell out of speech therapists because I speak so clearly. Get me tired, and my r’s are the first to go and people think I’m from New York.
17. I hate being cold indoors.
18. People think having kids is what made me crazy. I let them think that. Silly people.
19. I grew up in Chicago, have lived in various parts of the U.S. and am now living in Ireland…just a few miles from Bono…who I am not stalking…really…
20. I’m near sighted in one eye, far sighted in the other, and have astigmatism in both. Even my eyes have to be weird.
21. I have a LOT of opinions that I don’t share, and random odd babble that I do.
22. I love the beach. I’m just not that big on swimming, tanning or water sports.
23. There was a drug bust down the street from the church after our wedding rehearsal.
24. I taught myself how to sew, knit, and crochet. Not in that order.
25. I used to hate my name. I’ve grown to appreciate it over the years.