Random shots of Sunday

8 Jan

It's January, yet things are beginning to bud

rocks on Killiney beach

abandoned building on Killiney beach

Zoey puppy

Boy on Rock

Searching for sea life

Puppy on Rock

along the Dublin Bay

Dublin Bay

12 Responses to “Random shots of Sunday”

1. mrskelly5 January 8, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

2. Siobhan Wolf January 8, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

I have always hoped to visit Ireland one day. (Somewhere people will not struggle to pronounce my oh-so-Irish name, LOL.) I am enjoying reading about your adventure having moved there. And the beach pictures are really inviting. Did you get your puppy there or bring him with you from Chicago? I’d seen you mention that he/she was not a usual marking for Ireland. Looks like an Aussie sheepdog. So beautiful, those eyes!

I’m one of those people who found your blog via FB from someone sharing your posted about the R word. (I shared it, too.) I’ve really enjoyed your images and your stories as well. As the single mom of one special needs girl (ADHD), I appreciate your posts about your little daughter. And I love love love that picture of here in the black and white dress where she’s alone.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Good grief, I don’t usually write such long and rambling comments.

• phoebz4 January 8, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

the puppy was bought here in Ireland. Her mom’s a tri-color Aussie, her dad’s a brown and white collie. She was the only blue merle of the bunch. And I love the black and white dress picture too – we had an excellent photographer in Michigan take those.

• Siobhan Wolf January 11, 2012 at 10:32 am #

Thanks for the doggie info. Very interesting how they mix.

Hey, I don’t know if you know of this site: http://www.supportforspecialneeds.com Lots of people there also doing the educating and living the life. Nice community. If you drop by, feel free to friend me if you wish. I don’t know that we have anyone writing about living with kids with special needs outside of the U.S. It might be worth pitching Julia Roberts some ideas. (I enjoy your writing very much, I’m sure others would as well.) If you’re interested, of course.

Have a great day!

3. Amy January 8, 2012 at 5:51 pm #

Thanks for sharing your photos. I love the rocks on the beach. Your puppy looks like a friend of mine’s dog. It’s a little funny because their one daughter’s name is Zoe.
    I miss the beauty of Ireland ~ I visited once and hope to return someday.

4. Eileen Hegarty (@allovus) January 8, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

beautifully calm…

5. Mara January 8, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

Pretty, I miss Ireland…..

6. Lorilee Mundfrom January 8, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Great pictures. My oldest son’s dream is to live in Ireland someday. Thanks for sharing these pics.

7. Lorilee Mundfrom January 8, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

The pics of your family are fabulous too!

8. Sheri K. January 8, 2012 at 9:39 pm #

That is one interesting looking dog. The kids are gorgeous. And those rocks… would you send some to Maryland, USA? 🙂

9. Mariane Artymko January 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm #

Wow, saw your picture with the green growing on a plant. Hard to believe we live at roughly the same latitude and I won’t get to see that till at LEAST April. Enjoy it!

• phoebz4 January 12, 2012 at 4:01 am #

even weirder to me – my older daughter planted flowers in a pot – little pansies of some sort (we thought it was a radish, lol!) We only brought in the pot for a couple days when it hit freezing and just below freezing. But they’re back outside, still blooming and thriving. It is very strange to me! And another bush down the block has buds beginning to flower!