Happy Feet!

20 Jan

No, not the penguin movie that Maura loves and I’m certain has undertones of anti-religious establishment (why do all the old penguins sound like angry Scottish ministers?)

I’m talking about Kermit the Frog here and his happy feet.

There’s a commercial on tv here for some product that comes on about once an hour it seems. I have no clue what the commercial is advertising, but the musical track is Kermit singing “Happy Feet”.   Maura loves this commercial for the song, and will dance to it (which is probably why I never notice what they’re trying to sell me.)  I love Kermit the Frog, so  have found myself singing this song in my head.

And then I thought “Why should I be the only one with this song in my head?”

So with the Power of YouTube, I can put this earworm into everyone’s heads!  Woohoo!  It’s okay, it’s Kermit and the Muppet Show.  It’s all kinds of good.

7 Responses to “Happy Feet!”

1. Heidi January 20, 2012 at 7:53 am #

You can never go wrong by starting off a Friday morning with a clip from the Muppets. Now, me and my happy feet are going to shuffle off back to bed. LOL

2. David L Allen January 20, 2012 at 9:35 am #

That song with Kermit has been stuck in my head for decades. In fact, every time I see the title for the penguin movie, the Kermit song just starts playing automatically.

3. Angelique January 20, 2012 at 9:37 am #

YAY – big ‘ol smile on my face! Thanks for sharing!

4. Candes January 20, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

**Muppet Dance** I love the Muppets!

5. mumstimeout January 21, 2012 at 5:01 am #

That put a big grin on my face…. love Kermit! 😀

6. Elisabeth January 21, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

Have you seen the new muppet movie? It was fabulous: all full of great muppet singing and dancing! Also, I just found your blog and I’m really enjoying it ; my older brother has autism and so the disability thing is close to home but so’s the bunches of kids living life (there are 4 of us). So thanks!

• phoebz4 January 22, 2012 at 8:08 am #

It hasn’t come out here yet in Ireland – which I am very put out about! When it gets here (March I think, not too much longer), I will be dragging various amounts of kids to go see it!