Music Monday – All the Rowboats

5 Mar

Moving to Ireland, I had to find new radio stations.  I loved my Michigan radio stations, and honestly, I found the Dublin stations to be a bit…scattered.  You could hear The Clash one moment, then they could play Celine Dion the next, and then some Four Tops after that…then fifteen minutes of chatting.

I have settled on one primarily, Phantom FM, which in looking it up, started off as a pirate radio.  How awesome is that?  It plays mostly alternative music, lots of stuff I haven’t heard before.  So new music discovery is always potential.

Today, I flipped it on for my drive home from the grocery store and heard this song.  Rarely do I have a “love on first listen”, but I prayed they would tell me who was artist behind the song with this one.  And they did. Needless to say, I shall be buying this one very soon!

Regina Spektor – “All the Rowboats”

12 Responses to “Music Monday – All the Rowboats”

1. Renee Anne March 5, 2012 at 7:49 am #

I do have a love for Regina Spektor. I discovered her on Pandora a couple years ago…I think I only have one album, though. Then again, most everything we have is now in digital, non-CD format.

So, I might have more than one…

2. Karin March 5, 2012 at 11:59 am #

I’m not sure how mobile phones work in Ireland, but I listen to my favorite Chicago stations while living in Phoenix vis the app TuneIn Radio on my Droid phone. Awesome. I also get a bunch of stations that have the old time radio shows (Gunsmoke, etc, they help me to sleep and I love listening to them)

• phoebz4 March 5, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

The main problem with listening to US radio stations online is copyright laws or such things. It’s also why I can’t watch Hulu here – I’m out of their viewing zone. So far, the only station I can still listen to is Ann Arbor’s 107.1 – good thing I loved them, lol!

3. Angel Brookins March 5, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

Love it, she’ll fit nicely in my LaRue list. Thank you for sharing!

4. Angel Brookins March 5, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

really adoring this one in particular

5. Kris March 6, 2012 at 8:00 pm #

May I recommend the app “Soundhound” if you have a smartphone? I use it for those ‘OMG I I LOVE THIS SONG’ moments when I don’t know if the DJ will tell me what it is. 🙂

• phoebz4 March 7, 2012 at 4:08 am #

My husband uses something like that – it’s awesome! But hard to use while driving on the wrong side of the road 😉

• Kris March 7, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

I can’t imagine trying to drive on the wrong side >.< Oh well, it was a thought 🙂

6. Elyse March 6, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

I found Regina Spektor a while back my favorite song of her’s is The Call. And also I just wanted to say, I follow very few blogs, but a friend of mine posted the link to your blog after you made the post about the “R” word. I love your blog, and I have been reading you ever since. I love seeing your beautiful family, and your beautiful pictures, and of course reading your entries. 🙂

• phoebz4 March 7, 2012 at 4:08 am #

I’m honored to be one of the few you follow! Thanks!

7. redmitten March 7, 2012 at 3:16 pm #

finding new tunes makes my day. well, i wish “day”…more like it makes my “month” because where i live, it’s hard to dial into anything that can reach here. so i thank you for this new tune! and like others, i follow a few blogs and thought by now i should mention i’ve been reading your posts and appreciating them. so there ya go!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Music Monday – The Call « Herding Cats - April 30, 2012

[…] few weeks ago, I posted about the song “All the Rowboats” by Regina Spektor.  I heard hte song, and then thought “Wait, I know her, I know her voice, […]