Dear Comment Leaver from the Tampa, FL area…

28 Mar

…and other rude comment leavers,

First, aren’t IP addresses wonderful things?

Second, did you REALLY think I was going to let your rude comment through?  I mean, when you give your name as R*Tard and your address as not.a.chance @ majoremailprovider, well, right there I’m pretty certain your comment’s chances of getting approved are very low.  Proceeding to tell me off about how you feel about how I feel about a word, throwing in some uninspired insults in there to boot – well, really, all your comment did was make baby bunnies cry for your stupidity and ignorance.

So please, anyone thinking of leaving a rude anonymous comment, thinking your so clever with your made-up names and email addresses, know this – rude comments get deleted.  They get deleted faster if you’re tryng to be oh-so-clever-but-oh-so-not with your name and email address.

Because no one likes to see a bunny cry over your stupidity.

Thanks!

Please! Think of the bunny before you comment!

32 Responses to “Dear Comment Leaver from the Tampa, FL area…”

1. Suzanne Young March 28, 2012 at 9:51 am #

So glad you deleted this idiot’s comment. You probably could have said, I don’t like/use the word (insert long list of inappropriate and rude examples) and that ass-clown would have said the same thing. Why read your blog if you don’t like or agree with it.

It will be interesting to see if the idiot from Tampa ever comments again.

2. freedomfromthefireprogram March 28, 2012 at 9:52 am #

YOU GO GIRL! Love your posts, some people have no lives so they decide to be bullies because they can hide behind a computer screen…losers!

3. dragonfly231 March 28, 2012 at 9:55 am #

Poor baby bunnies…

Sorry someone was rude. I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks

4. Sam March 28, 2012 at 9:55 am #

Why would people comment on someone’s blog in a negative/hurtful way? Don’t read it if you aren’t interested in the content. People need to get a life.

5. Karen March 28, 2012 at 10:02 am #

Before I became an independant provider, I worked in a residential facility. Every summer we took the residents to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio for a day of fun. Most were ambulatory and could ride all the rides but still needed assistance getting on and off.
    While leaving one of the rides, 2 of our residents were a little slow coming down the steps and some young punk behind us yelled out “What’s the hold up? Oh, yea, its the ret…s! A young and very protective aide got in the young man’s face and proceeded to make him feel like a very small fool in front of his friends and a large crowd of people who obviously agreed with the aide.

• Jenn Brees March 28, 2012 at 10:25 am #

Karen, I’d like your note here a thousand times if I could. (Obviously, I spend far too much time on Facebook.)

• Karen March 28, 2012 at 11:01 am #

Thank you Jenn. We have to stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves. It won’t stop everyone, but it might stop that one person.

6. Gail Jones March 28, 2012 at 10:06 am #

Sad people are so ignorant! And we wonder why this world is the way it is.

• Karen March 28, 2012 at 10:58 am #

And sometimes it’s not just ignorance, it’s cruelty. I don’t understand how someone can be intentionally cruel.

7. Sheri March 28, 2012 at 10:10 am #

Stupidity like that makes me weep for humanity! Its difficult enough to raise a child with a disability let alone field ignorant remarks from the haters of the world about that disability. I have a son with Down Syndrome and a sister with Cerebral Palsy so I have listened to people make comments my whole life. It doesn’t stop me from wanting to punch them in the face, though. Way to be the better person and stand up to the bullies! Just because you sit behind a computer screen anonymously dose not mean that you can say whatever you want in an pathetic attempt to bring yourself joy by hurting others. Obviously that person has deep seated psychological issues for feeling the need to be nasty to a beautiful child. Maybe they are jealous because their mother did not love them enough. That person needs to take their little black rain cloud and keep moving on!

8. Mindy March 28, 2012 at 10:15 am #

Agreed. Trolls need not bother commenting. I really appreciate your blog and I’m sorry you have to deal with this at all.

9. Ali March 28, 2012 at 10:17 am #

I wish you ruled the world. You rock! For each single rude commentor – there are one million who support you! Hugs! and please keep doing what you do – you’re so inspiring!

10. Jenn Brees March 28, 2012 at 10:23 am #

Obviously the ignorant will not care about the plight of the baby bunnies. You go, girl.

• phoebz4 March 28, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

Luckily Jenn, we can shield the baby bunnies from the stupidity 😉

11. Jessica March 28, 2012 at 10:25 am #

and praise be to WordPress who has a block ip-number-thing. If blogspot has the same, I don’t know. I just never found the feature.

I have a neurological disorder. When I’m tired, stressed out or if the stupid illness is in an active phase, I lose the thread quite easily. I can be thinking about one thing, never finishing it, jump back, forward. My train of thought is, well, derailed. When I blog over current subjects, leaving a link to the article I’m referring to; you’ll be amazed how many comments you can get. If you REALLY touched a nerve, the disability will be used as the proverbial baseball-bat. Nasty? Oh yeah.

12. babazoobee March 28, 2012 at 10:27 am #

I think you’re wonderful. reading your blog is a highlight in my inbox. I am always thrilled to find two posts in a row. How’s Maura’s goosegg? it was pretty impressive, I must say!

• Mary Beth March 28, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

I agree babazoobee ! I LOVE when I see a “Herding Cats” message ! I always know Phoebe will be giving us food for thought…a poignant message…a laugh…or a “vent” ! 😉 It is discouraging that people are still living in the dark ages.What is their intent by making such comments ? Cowards behind a keyboard ! Keep plowing ahead & don’t allow yourself to be fazed by the jackasses who get pleasure from belittling others.Bullies always suffer from lack of self-esteem & actually dislike themselves. Anyway,enough time spent on the jerk…yes,how is Maura’s goose egg ?? OMG, that was more than a goose egg…it was more like an orange ! If you didn’t post a pic I really would’ve thought you were stretching the truth a bit !!! Love your stories of your life in Ireland & awaiting the next one ! 🙂

13. babazoobee March 28, 2012 at 10:30 am #

oh… and I can relate to Maura in my little girl. huge relation. add to my set of house rules? never leave the laptop open and unattended. when small child asks for food, get it for her before she helps herself…oh, and “even if she looks like she’s doing a great job with the paints on the paper all by herself, don’t change your focus. Even for a second.”

14. Megan Luck March 28, 2012 at 10:35 am #

I use Cafemom a lot and see many people who leave nasty comments and claim their are giving advice and then hide behind the default picture so people don’t know who they are. Cowards are what they are. I love reading your blogs and the pictures of your kids are wonderful. Love the portrait of the four of them together! Meg

15. Megan Luck March 28, 2012 at 10:36 am #

That bunny is so freaking adorable! I love bunnies and this one takes the cake!
    I want a bunny. Meg

16. Renee Anne March 28, 2012 at 11:34 am #

I’m suddenly reminded of Randall in Clerks II…..he does almost exactly what you described as a way to be a jerk because that’s just how he is. Dante, his counterpart, tries to make Randall see the light but Randall just isn’t having it.

It’s just how Randall is.

There’s a reason I have to approve all comments on my blog, too…….

17. ntouch2cher March 28, 2012 at 11:39 am #

Thank goodness you DO moderate comments…sheesh!! That’s the only reason I allow it on my blog. I admit that abuses, addictions, diseases and natural disasters for example have no discrimination but this type of “malice” cannot fit into that pool of plights. No ma’am, disregard of others is a choice and that is sad.

18. Joan March 28, 2012 at 11:44 am #

Love you blog! There will always be rude people and just ignore them cause they love it if they upset you!
    How is that baby girl doing after her fall, good I hope!

• phoebz4 March 28, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

she’s doing great! barely a bruise on her head (though her knee and elbow are bruised up a bit) – thanks for asking!

19. Gini March 28, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

I love your blogs and look forward to them. Following your family is real joy. Remember, ignorance knows no bounds.

20. sara March 28, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Some people are so cruel. They think they can hide in the anonymity of the internet. I love your blog! Keep deleting the haters! 🙂

21. phoebz4 March 28, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

Thanks everyone! And Maura’s head is great today – seriously, almost no bruise, how weird is that?

22. shecrochets March 28, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

23. shecrochets March 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm #

If I thought I loved you as much as I could before this entry, I was wrong. Thank you!!

Glad also to see that Maura suffered no ill effects from her fall.

24. Sunshyn March 28, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

Well, you’ve gotten popular enough to attract trolls. There is that! I love that baby bunny. Glad the head bump is better. Kids bounce, don’t they? Even baby bunny kids!

25. Jessica March 28, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

Sometimes all you need is baby bunnies, fuzzy purple dragons and sun bathing lemurs to take your mind off those who troll around. Still, those comments DO sting before you can file them away in the not-to-give-a-damn-file of your mind.

26. bodi April 2, 2012 at 10:39 am #

Just knowing there are people out there who don’t have the balls to put their name to their hateful words … One of these days, Alice, to the Moon!

Ah well. It is their loss that they don’t know Maura for who she really is, a truly beautiful human being.

Love you guys- *hugs*