Music Monday – Gotye “Someone That I Used to Know

9 Apr

This has been going around my Facebook feed – oddly enough, I have heard it before.  I just thought it was an old Sting song.  Others have likened it to Peter Gabriel.

Apparently it will hypnotize you and you will find yourself listening to it over and over again.  Or so my friends tell me.  Why don’t you find out for yourself 😉

6 Responses to “Music Monday – Gotye “Someone That I Used to Know”

1. Suzanne Young April 9, 2012 at 9:26 am #

It is a great song! It will be showcased in tomorrow nights episode of “Glee.” They leaked a click on the Internet a few days ago and I haven’t been able to stop listening to it. I think I almost like it more than the original. The producers tweaked the use of the song in that it is not about a break-up between a guy and a girl, but the rift between two brothers. Darren Criss (Blaine) and guest star Matt Bomer (White Collar) will be singing. Can’t wait!

2. shecrochets April 9, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

While I do like this song, I love Eyes Wide Open. Same artist.

3. mumstimeout April 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

How funny….. I posted this song on my blog (the one I don’t post much on!!!!) a couple of weeks ago. I love this song! 🙂

4. lexiemom April 15, 2012 at 5:45 pm #

Love this song! It does remind me in sound of Sting or Peter Gabriel, especially the latter now that I’ve seen the video. Peter was the pioneer of stop motion videos in the late 80s (remember “Sledgehammer”?)
    What’s ironic is I just heard this song for the first time this week. It was so haunting and I loved it immediately, but I had no idea who the artist was. I normally listen to Talk Radio, and had just happened that day to tune to the local pop station for some variety. Thanks for sharing with me who the artist is. I may have to reblog you.

5. lexiemom April 15, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

Reblogged this on Lexiemom's Blog and commented:
    Just had to share this from “Herding Cats”. I really like this song…

6. Megan Luck April 18, 2012 at 1:08 am #

Very Peter Gabriell like, but a bit creepy. I had to keep turning up the volume because I could barely hear him and my lip reading skills are not that good hahaha.