I will walk…

4 Jun

…well, not 500 miles, but 10K.

Yep, today’s the day of the mini-marathon.  I’m just walking it, but having some “What have I gotten myself into?” thoughts.  Which is silly.  I’m not running, I’m not even jogging.  But hey, I can say I have done a marathon, even if it’s a mini one.  And the weather is gorgeous – blue skies, sun.  I may have to wear sunscreen!  Again!

If you want to donate to the cause (I’m doing this as a fundraiser for Maura’s school which you could read about here ) it’s not too late to do so.  A HUGE thank you to all of you who have donated – it is all so very appreciated!

Meanwhile, I was thinking of a song for today, one that would be appropriate.  And of course, it has to be The Proclaimers “I’m Gonna Be” (500 Miles)…

7 Responses to “I will walk…”

1. Eileen (@allovus) June 4, 2012 at 5:36 am #

You go, girl!! ;))

2. Claudia June 4, 2012 at 5:40 am #

You are amazing whether you are walking, jogging or just breathing. You rock!

3. Denise June 4, 2012 at 8:24 am #

You go girl! Show the world “mom power” in action.

4. Renee Anne June 4, 2012 at 8:52 am #

I think you need to look up the Doctor Who 500 Miles version on YouTube….first of all, it has David Tennant and we all know how lovely he is and it’s just a fun video to watch 🙂

• phoebz4 June 4, 2012 at 2:59 pm #

I nearly posted the Doctor Who one. Just for the part with David Tennant, John Pimm (the Master) and Timothy Dalton….

• lexiemom June 4, 2012 at 11:15 pm #

Oh no, I’m glad you posted this one. I haven’t seen it in forever, and it was great to hear the music & see all the clips from Bennie & Joon, one of my fav movies of all time!

5. lexiemom June 4, 2012 at 11:17 pm #

I did the Atlanta Peachtree Road Race 10K two years in a row. It was awesome! And I’m in pretty poor shape. You’ll love it, I’m sure. It may get you addicted to 10Ks! (It’s only 6.2 miles, even if you walk it you can do it in less than 2 hours.) Good luck! And let us know how you did!