I survived

5 Jun

I did it.  I made it through al 10 K’s of the mini-marathon.  My feet are cursing me today (mental note, time for new Nike’s), but I finished it.

Everyone said it would be a great time, and they weren’t lying.  Granted, we went more like 10.2 K’s, given that it took us 20 minutes to even cross the start line.  But then there were people all along the way cheering you on, bands playing, and of course, the guys dressed up like girls to get into the marathon.

So here are some pics…

Our “starting point” looking ahead of us

“Starting Point” looking behind us. And kudos to you, cute photo-bombing girl!

See that yellow banner way ahead? That was about three blocks from where we “started”? That’s the Official Start.And the two overly-dressed women in print?  Are boys.

FINALLY the Start line!

Some musicians out singing for our entertainment

My favorite “guy dressed like a girl” – especially with his sign that reads “I’m not a lady. I’m just here to embarrass my mother”

A marching band playing for us!

The “walkers” for Maura’s school – Martha, myself, and Carina (I hope I’m spelling your name right!)

There were over 44,000 people signed up for this event. That’s a lot of women…and guys in bad wigs and outfits.

Martha at the finish line – 2 hours 10 minutes was our time (it would have been two hours if it wasn’t for the stop at the water station…yipes…)

Our rewards afterwards

9 Responses to “I survived”

1. Sarah June 5, 2012 at 6:31 am #

Well done!!!

2. Lisha @ The Lucky Mom June 5, 2012 at 7:40 am #

Congratulations! I like the way you reward yourself, too!

3. Meg June 5, 2012 at 9:00 am #

Way to go! That’s awesome!

4. Melissa Savoy (@SheCrochets) June 5, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Congratulations!! Awesome accomplishment, and fabulous reward!

5. Life's Unexpected Blessings June 5, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Congrat’s! Looks like is was alot of fun!

6. phxross June 5, 2012 at 10:02 am #

Bravo! So glad I could help by sponsoring you just a bit. Please let me know if the school does other things we US residents can contribute to. I love the guys in dresses and a bikini. You didn’t say…. Are you sore after the run? Or did the beer help that?

• phoebz4 June 5, 2012 at 12:20 pm #

Thank you! I am sore after my brisk walk about Dublin, the Bulmer’s did help though. I should have more today 😉

7. Jessica June 6, 2012 at 8:16 am #

Great job!! Soon you’ll be on your way to at least a half marathon 😉

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Help me thank Maura’s school | Herding Cats - May 23, 2013

[…] that’s 10K of walking through the streets of Dublin, rain or shine.   I did this last year (click here for proof) and so many of you were very generous and helped me raise almost 1000 euro for […]