we interrupt this blog…

6 Jul

…to move…

In a week, we’re outta here.  Don’t think that thought doesn’t cause an instant feet-numbing panic attack.  I know it’ll all work out, I know certain things are just left to fate.  But I’m just going to embrace all the anxiety and bottles of wine possible.

There’s a line of suitcases in the hall to be filled today with stuff we want to take with us on the plane.  Maura’s packed her carry on case with her swimsuit and a sparkly dress.  Once again, I’m grateful for her love of traveling and sense of adventure.

We do have professionals coming to pack up house and dog (yes, dogs are coming with us, don’t worry) and car is going up for sale today. I’m already thinking of who I can give boxes of food from my cabinets too, so it doesn’t go to waste, and which body care products aren’t worth moving.

Meanwhile, Ireland has gotten gorgeous and sunny and beautiful and summery again.  Which is a bit of a cruel trick.  When Ireland is like this, it’s the most beautiful place in the world and I never want to leave.  But as Josh says, at least we’ll remember it in all it’s glory and not grey, chilly, and rainy.

And last night, there was a fox in our garbage.  Which is way cooler than having raccoons, but also more instantly destructive and the reason why I can’t put two sentences together coherently.  Because Zoey the dog had to alert us to the fox in the garbage.  Both at 12:30 am at 6:15 am.

12 Responses to “we interrupt this blog…”

1. Denise July 6, 2013 at 6:34 am #

Best wishes on a smooth move and safe travels.

2. Kerith Stull July 6, 2013 at 8:41 am #

Hope all goes smoothly and safe travels!

3. Pat July 6, 2013 at 8:59 am #

safe journeying ❤

4. Suzanne July 6, 2013 at 9:03 am #

Ugh! I hate packing more than anything in the world and we get to do it TWICE! We just sold our house (good news) and our having our dream house built. Unfortunately, it won’t be completed till early December of this year so we will have to live in an apartment for four moths. This means we get to pack and move twice in the space of four months. While annoying, I am not complaining as this is where we want to live till we have to move into a retirement home!

Best of luck with the move!!!

5. MikeW July 6, 2013 at 9:20 am #

Have a safe and sound move. I didn’t get where you were moving, but I hope it offers come compensation for the beautiful country you are leaving behind.

6. saracvt July 6, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

Does it help to know there are those who are waiting for you with bated breath? I am really looking forward to meeting you and Maura at the GBS concert in October. Have a safe move. :).

7. Whispering Insights July 7, 2013 at 1:11 am #

I hope you and your family have a safe move. Not sure when you will be reading this then. {clearing my throat}…You have been nominated by me to receive the One Lovely Blog Award. You are an amazing writer and an inspiration to me and I have no doubt many many people you have touched. Follow this link on my blog for further instructions. Congratulations!:) http://wp.me/p3ia4v-fT Whispering Insights

8. lexiemom July 8, 2013 at 9:45 am #

Where to?

• phoebz4 July 9, 2013 at 7:10 am #

the Seattle area – cause we like the cool grey climate so much apparently 😉

• lexiemom July 10, 2013 at 12:05 am #

Best of luck on your move!

9. Sunflower July 12, 2013 at 1:33 am #

Hi phoebe,
    If you get the chance, before you leave Ireland you should visit morriscastle strand in kilmuckridge, Wexford, its the most beautiful place in the world when the weather is good, the kids will love the huge sand dunes, take care and safe journey

10. SomeoneNamedSarah July 18, 2013 at 1:36 pm #