Music Monday – Pharrell Williams – Happy

3 Mar

Okay, I may have found myself under a rock or something the past couple of months, because I really didn’t hear of this song until my husband brought it up.  It’s his new favorite song, and yeah, it instantly grew on me.  I’ve learned that it is a bit of a phenom song, because hey, who doesn’t like feeling happy?

And seeing as everyone except my friends in Florida have seemingly woken up to a blah Monday morning full of rain, ice, snow, and snow days, I think we could all use a dose of Happy

BUT WAIT!

If you really really love the song, or the concept of people just happily dancing down the street, or both – there is a website of 24 hours of Happy.  Seriously, it’s called 24hoursofhappy.com . It’s kinda brilliant – people just walking down the street, through a train station, whatever, singing and dancing to this song.  And it looks like they all start at the last person’s stop point.  So really, check it out, especially if you love people watching!

(And always, if you like the song, go buy it.  No pirating of music here please! Mama don’t tolerate that.)

10 Responses to “Music Monday – Pharrell Williams – Happy”

1. teresamcnally March 3, 2014 at 2:22 pm #

Phoebe. We play this EVERY morning in Grisvenor! The kids come off the transport into the foyer and dance. !

Teresa

2. bluerosegirl08 March 3, 2014 at 3:55 pm #

It is an awesome song and the website is soo much fun Thanks for sharing

3. saracvt March 3, 2014 at 5:22 pm #

Yeah…no. Reminds me of “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”, another song for the ages that just sorta annoyed me. I generally look for more in my feel-good songs than four lines and an exhortation to be happy. 🙂

4. Laura Hicken March 3, 2014 at 6:14 pm #

Awesome!!!!

5. andthreemakesfive March 4, 2014 at 3:05 pm #

Totally and completely love this song..something about the rhythms and the harmonies that just make me happy! I hadn’t heard that song until you posted it and now I can’t get it enough. If I could get my ITUNES app to work, I would buy it ..and possibly the whole album..thanks for sharing…

6. Laura Hicken March 4, 2014 at 4:38 pm #

Can I have Mim’s email?

• phoebz4 March 4, 2014 at 5:28 pm #

Hey, I gave the one you left here to her – you should have heard from her by now.

• phoebz4 March 4, 2014 at 5:29 pm #

and if that doesn’t work, email me at catherding@outlook.com and I’ll send it along to her (don’t want to put her email here)

7. Laura Hicken March 5, 2014 at 3:49 pm #

Oh, there it is! Thanks so much it’s so good to talk to her!!!