Elf on the Shelf made easy!

18 Nov

So I know many of you are debating, “Just how do I make Elf on the Shelf easy this year?” or maybe considering whether or not to start the new tradition of Elf of the Shelf.

Here’s my easy tips on how to make Elf on the Shelf fun for everyone!

Tip #1 – Don’t start.

Tip #2 – No, really, just don’t friggen do it.

Tip #3 – Seriously, get off Pinterest.  Don’t get sucked down that particular elfin rabbit hole.  Back away from the Target display of Elf on the Shelf crap.  Just don’t do it. We all survived without that bloody elf as kids.  Your kids will live without that creepy doll as well.

Tip #4 – Okay, really, ask yourself this – do you honestly need yet another thing to do during the holiday season?  I mean, we already have to make 497 teacher gifts from scratch to save money, go to 14 concerts, 8 holiday parties, and forget about all that last minute shopping and late night gift wrapping you will find yourself doing.  Do you really need to then have to come up with something “new and exciting” for that damn elf to do every night?  No.  No you don’t.  At night, you should be putting your feet up and having a glass of wine, not stringing the elf from the ceiling with marshmallow “bombs” floating around him. And then have to clean up after him every morning.  You really don’t have time for that.

Tip #5 – Enjoy your holiday season without that little pointed ear stalker.

And those are my fun and easy Elf on the Shelf tips.  If you still feel compelled to pull out your elf, may I suggest a set up like this?

481718_10151244295132513_1790443054_n

10 Responses to “Elf on the Shelf made easy!”

1. nanis November 18, 2014 at 1:12 pm #

I’m with you on this one. Thanks for stating it with such a great sense of humor.

2. momof1and10 November 18, 2014 at 1:59 pm #

I told my daughter I wanted one. She said oooh no he’s creepy. Lol

3. Cathby November 18, 2014 at 2:49 pm #

Sheer genius. I have plenty of $hit to clean up already, I don’t look to make more.

4. PigLove November 18, 2014 at 3:09 pm #

Snorts – you haven’t met my ‘elf’ here at the Hotel Thompson have you? He’s evil pure and simple. His name is Don Juan. Shivers. We are all counting days that we are still alive – snorts. XOXO – Bacon

5. franhunne4u November 18, 2014 at 3:31 pm #

Yes, boycott that freaky stalker!

6. Christine Stimson November 18, 2014 at 11:01 pm #

Yes! Yes! & Yes! I know that if I had an Elf, after the first few days he would just be stuck on that shelf until my little guys climbed up and got him and then he would be Elf Stuck Under the Bed and Elf in a Pile of Laundry or Elf Buried Under an Avalanche of Toys in the Toybox.

7. lifefromgrace November 18, 2014 at 11:24 pm #

I wouldn’t mind of the Weeping Angel sent that little Elf on the Shelf back in time never to be seen again!

8. Renee Anne November 18, 2014 at 11:31 pm #

I hate that damn elf. I flatly refuse to deal with that thing. It’s creepy and I hates it, Precious. Hates it!

9. Amanda S. November 19, 2014 at 9:39 am #

That last picture is a reminder of why I love you so very much.

10. specialneedsrealitytv November 21, 2014 at 11:39 pm #

The weeping angel is perfect.