Thrive #oneword2016

4 Jan

In poking about the blogging world a bit (instead of sitting here in my safe little couch fort that I’ve made), I’ve learned about this One Word thing. Where you pick a word for the year, and try to really embrace what that word means. All the cool kids are doing it, and I like words, so I thought I’d give it a shot.

Then I panicked at the thought of trying to find the right word.

Lately, my word has been “survive”, as in, because of lots of things, and life, and anxiety, I’ve just been trying to survive from one day to the next.

But it’s time to stop surviving and try harder.

That’s when the word hit me – Thrive. I need to thrive. To flourish, to grow more healthy, to blossom. The word itself is fun to say – thrive.

How do I live up to this word? Well, that I’m going to have to figure out along the way. I need to get my shit together again, as its scattered itself about the past few months. I need to organize my space, as I’ve learned that a disorganized space makes me cranky. I need to take a few more risks, which probably aren’t really risks but to me are. I need to allow my creative side an outlet again. I need to stop being a big lump.

So thrive is it. It’s my word. Here’s to owning it.

img_8047

7 Responses to “Thrive #oneword2016”

1. kelly welsh January 4, 2016 at 6:15 pm #

Great word. I’m officially changing mine from heal (which I wasn’t totally sold on) to thrive. Happy 2016!

• phoebz4 January 4, 2016 at 6:19 pm #

don’t forget to say it out loud – over-enunciate it. Rolls off the tongue nicely 😀

2. saracvt January 4, 2016 at 6:49 pm #

” Better.” ALL of us have health challenges, which seemed to spiral last year, and Daddy, the breadwinner, has been unemployed since mid-September. I don’t know if we’re capable of thriving just yet, but I think we can be better.

3. joyharris January 4, 2016 at 7:05 pm #

I love it! Makes perfect sense!

4. franhunne4u January 5, 2016 at 12:58 am #

“Happy” from awareness for the smaller joys to tear-rising happiness.

5. Christine Phelan January 5, 2016 at 2:26 pm #

I apologize in advance, but I am going to have to steal this entire blog…… It is perfect. It is exactly what I needed to tell myself, and what I need to do. I don’t feel as though I have ‘thrived’ in a very long time.

Thank you If it should come to any one else’s attention, I will give you full credit…..😊. Good luck with yours! C. Sent from my iPhone

6. The 21st Century SAHM January 6, 2016 at 1:37 pm #

Thrive — I like it. I also like couch forts.