Fine. I’m awake.

23 Apr

Yesterday morning, we were peeling Maura out of her bed at 7:10 am, later than usual, and with ten minutes until the bus arrived. Luckily, she was too tired to fight us.

Last night, she kept looking for something, refusing to go to bed. She ended up going to bed about forty minutes late.

So of course that means that at 6:45 on a Saturday morning, she busts into my room, wide awake. It’s now 8:26 am and I’m about to make another cup of coffee and she’s watching SpongeBob.

I’m awake. I don’t want to be awake, but I am. I did push my luck by laying in bed for thirty minutes after she first woke me up, hoping that maybe she too just went back to bed. But then she came back into my room. She was up. I had to be too.

So I’m awake. Everyone else is sleeping but us. Even the dogs are passed out somewhere. I just spilled coffee down the front of my shirt. This means that I need to make more, doesn’t it?

52d3d32c1653b8b368894da67d10de6b

6 Responses to “Fine. I’m awake.”

1. franhunne4u April 23, 2016 at 11:03 am #

You will have to teach her one day not to come into the parental bed room just like that.

• phoebz4 April 23, 2016 at 11:16 am #

I’m still working on knocking on closed doors. In the meantime, I lock every door behind me if I want privacy.

• franhunne4u April 23, 2016 at 11:32 am #

I can understand that you cannot lock the bedroom door entirely, as sometimes Maura needs your assistance urgently. And I know meanwhile that Maura takes time to learn some concepts. So keep up the good work. One day she will learn.

• phoebz4 April 23, 2016 at 12:25 pm #

Yep!

2. Renee Anne April 23, 2016 at 2:22 pm #

Little Man climbed into our bed at 7am on the nose. Little puke. I have to drag him out on school days but weekends he just gets up early, no fuss, no muss. ::sigh::

3. Millie April 23, 2016 at 3:45 pm #

You are a good mama, and maybe someone will let you get a nap later while they take Maura duty?