I should probably go do the things

6 Jun

You know, the things that need to be done.

The things I’ve been slowly chipping away at.

The things that in doing, have made my house look like I haven’t done any of the things ever?

There are things, and they need to be done.

But here I am.

In my pj’s still.

Reading the internet.

Watching the dogs play on the patio.

Drinking my coffee.

Not doing the things.

I should go do the things.

Because the things, they don’t do themselves.

Maybe I’ll just have lunch instead.

Maybe I should get dressed first.

Maybe, today, it’s okay if I don’t do all the things.

Maybe I can get just one thing done.

I should go do the thing.

I just don’t want to.

vintage-2026345_1280

9 Responses to “I should probably go do the things”

1. Angel of Anthropology June 6, 2017 at 2:09 pm #

I’m still in my pjs and it’s 2pm here. I’ve done the most important things: Gotten up outta bed, fed the cats, walked the dog (in my pjs cause I can and will) and am on my sixth (?) cup of coffee.
    I totally count today as a win.

2. Betty June 6, 2017 at 2:36 pm #

I know the feeling. We just moved into a new house. 3rd move in 3 yrs. I’m so tired of packing and unpacking. It’s beautiful here in Portlandia today. I’m going for a walk. The boxes can wait. Ugh πŸ˜‘

3. saracvt June 6, 2017 at 3:42 pm #

Well, I CAN’T wear my PJs until 2 (on school days, at least) because I have to haul my butt out of bed every morning, dress, feed, shower and generally prepare for school two adolescent girls who still need me to do that. And then I have to walk them to the bus stop and I’m not brave enough to face the bus driver in my nightwear yet. He hits (gently) on me already; I don’t need to encourage him. But on weekends, oh, dear. I have actually not woken up until it was time to make dinner before (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome can be a bitch).

But this totally sounds like my day while the girls are at school. I shudder to think how bad I’ll get during summer.

4. andie33 June 6, 2017 at 7:11 pm #

Just found your blog and I had to chuckle. Just posted on mine that we should eliminate the word ‘should’ from our vocabulary

5. speak766 June 7, 2017 at 4:15 pm #

I can totally relate to this. Some days I just don’t want to do anything but lie in bed and then get upset with myself for feeling this way. But it’s pretty normal to feel down or lazy some times. We don’t need to be so hard on ourselves. Some days we just need to do less.

6. rithu2017 June 8, 2017 at 1:32 am #

totally me

7. dhwani655 June 10, 2017 at 5:57 pm #

its me πŸ™‚ i have been doing this shit since 2 months from now. procastinating the work is a disease πŸ˜›

8. M U N B U N N Y June 11, 2017 at 11:02 am #

Very accurate depiction of 80 % of my life LOL

9. Lindsey July 6, 2017 at 5:44 am #

A wise lady told me, don’t ever “should” yourself again. Life is too short. Sometimes, when someone asks you if you’re busy, it’s totally ok to be busy sitting, reading, drinking coffee. It is your chosen activity for the time and you are busy doing it. Caring for yourself is also an important “should”.